|GCSE Chinese Training Workshop
|Around 60 school teachers attended a 2-day GCSE Chinese training Workshop delivered by Mr. Yan Hua (晏華先生), the GCSE Chinese Chief Moderator of Edexcel from U.K, on 16 and 17 April 2010. Since GCSE Exam will be conducted in school based controlled assessment format for speaking and writing from 2010-2011 academic year, the workshop was of utmost important to help teachers adjust to the new arrangements. The event was organized by EDEXCEL and we HKU sponsored the event by providing promotion support and the venue.
|Below are the content of the two-day workshop:
|Day 1 workshop
|Theme: GCSE 2009 Chinese – Delivering the New Specification
|This full day event is designed for teachers who will be delivering the new specification for first teaching from September 2009.
- Learn about the total package and how it will help to achieve better results
- Look at the impact of the changes to the new specification
- Develop a full understanding of controlled assessment and learn how Edexcel will support this
- Understand the assessment implications of the new specification
- Have the opportunity to explore delivery strategies applicable to the new specification
- Address common issues and frequently asked questions.
|Day 2 workshop
|Theme: GCSE 2009 Chinese – Successful Examinations
|These full day events are designed for teachers who have been delivering the new GCSE 2009 specification and are preparing students for examinations in June 2010.
- Prepare for the June 2010 exam session
- Look at example assessment materials
- Consider how to assess the units
- Address common issues and frequently asked questions
- Share good practice in the teaching of the qualification.